Employment Opportunity: IT Technician (Permanent, Full-time)
About the role....
The IT Technician’s role is to ensure proper operation of the Municipal Joint Services Board (MJSB) partners’ technology environment, enabling end users to provide municipal services to their citizens, businesses and visitors. This includes actively resolving end user help requests within established Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Problem resolution may involve the use of network diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Is this you?
As the ideal candidate you have:
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience; andITIL Foundations certification or completion of certification within the six-month probationary period;
· Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including servers, storage and backup systems, laptops, desktops, printing and imaging devices, and wireless / cellular;
· Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Microsoft Windows 10, Server 2016;
· Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office products, including Office 365;
· Working knowledge of networking equipment including routers, switches, and wireless access points;
· Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Deadline to apply: November 29, 2019