The Community Recycling Centre is seeking two (2) Waste Diversion Interns.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or entitled to work in Canada;
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30;
- Must be a full-time student and intending to return to school in fall 2020;
- Is not a member of immediate family of a Municipal Joint Services Board employee;
- Have an aptitude for safe work practices and the ability to multi-task in a busy work environment;
- Be able to work productively as part of a team while responding to feedback;
- Be able to work independently, with minimal supervision;
- Must have previous experience working with the public;
- Hold a valid NS driver’s license;
- Have basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Problem-solving skills are important;
- Must posses excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates interest in future employment in the environmental or ‘green’ sector is considered an asset; and
- Presentation skills are considered an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The intern will focus upon educating residents and businesses within the partner municipalities about the clear bag garbage program, promoting paper green cart liners for organics collection and educating residents about recent changes to curbside waste collection.
This position will be 35 hours per week. Rate of pay will be $14.50 per hour. Work term will begin immediately, ending August 28, 2020.
The closing date for this position will be June 11, 2020 at 4:30 pm. View a detailed job description.
We thank all candidates for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.