About the role...
On behalf of the Municipal Joint Services Board, the Lunenburg Regional Community Recycling Centre (LRCRC) serves residents and businesses in the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg and the Towns of Bridgewater and Mahone Bay.
The Outreach/ Compliance Officer’s primary role is to ensure effective delivery of the LRCRC education, outreach, and compliance programs with respect to the Solid Waste Collection and Municipal Solid Bylaws and Nova Scotia Solid Waste-Resource Management Regulations. This includes curbside waste collection inspection and waste audit at the transfer stations.
The LRCRC education and outreach division is part of the Administrative team of the MJSB. The Outreach/Compliance Officer forms part of the support team in the LRCRC office.
Is this you?
As the ideal candidate you have:
• Grade 12 or higher.
• Three years’ experience in public relations and administration preferred.
• Ability to work effectively with the public is essential.
• A valid Nova Scotia driver’s license is required.
• Excellent organization and time management skills are required.
• Ability to compile accurate written records detailing observations and actions taken.
• Must possess excellent written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel and Outlook are required.
• Ability to work flexible hours (working before or after regular hours or working weekend outreach events).
Work requires planning, time management and prioritization to effectively deal with workload. This position may involve confrontational situations. This position also requires work outdoors and exposure to a variety of weather conditions. Work may require moving and lifting items in accordance with waste volume weight limits outlined in the municipal waste by-laws.
Salary range: 46,000 to 63,000. 40 hours per week.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Ashley Chase, Human Resources Officer
Competition #: MJSB2020 OCOFFICER
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
While we appreciate your interest in working for the Municipal Joint Services Board, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.